Email Teva Sempel
Direct Line: 504-680-6060
Teva Sempel joined the firm in 2016. Practicing law since 2013, Teva has a broad criminal and civil practice with a particular emphasis in the fields of commercial litigation, intellectual property, white collar litigation, personal injury, and construction law.
Teva earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Idaho in 2010. Teva received his J.D. from Loyola University College of Law, cum laude, in 2013. While at Loyola, he served as a fall/spring coach on the Executive Board of Moot Court, brief writer and oralist for the National Entertainment Law Moot Court Team, member of the Law Review, and teaching assistant for Legal Research and Writing and Moot Court classes. He held an internship in the chambers of Louisiana Supreme Court Justice Jeannette Theriot-Knoll. Teva was also awarded the Samuel R. Exnicious Award for Outstanding Oral Ability after finishing as a finalist in Loyola’s moot court competition, an honor given to only 4 of over 240 students.
Teva is licensed to practice before all Louisiana State Courts, as well as the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Louisiana and the U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
In his spare time, Teva and his wife, Jaclyn, enjoy trying new restaurants in the city, traveling, and playing and watching sports.
- Loyola University College of Law (New Orleans, Louisiana) Juris Doctor 2013, Cum Laude
- University of Idaho (Moscow, Idaho) Bachelor of Science History, 2010
HONORS AND ACHIEVEMENTS:
- Loyola Law Review
- International Law Certificate
- Moot Court Executive Board Loyola Moot Court Competition Finalist
- Samuel R. Exnicious Award for Outstanding Oral Ability
- Law Excellence Award for International Law
- Pepperdine National Entertainment Law Moot Court Competition, Brief Writer & Oralist
- John Marshall International Moot Court Competition in Information Technology & Privacy Law, Coach
- Pace National Environmental Law Moot Court Competition, Coach
- Schonekas, Evans, McGoey & McEachin, LLC (New Orleans, Louisiana)
Litigation Associate, 2016 – Present
- Burglass & Tankersley, LLC (Metairie, Louisiana)
Litigation Associate, 2013-2016
SEMINARS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- Presented “Expert or Expert Witness? Which are you?” At the Louisiana Civil Engineering Conference and Show