Email Maria Marks
Direct Phone: 504-680-6056
Maria joined the firm in January 2000. Her areas of practice have encompassed medical malpractice, legal malpractice, and insurance defense work. During the past several years, her primary focus has been in the areas of domestic law, successions, and commercial litigation. Maria’s litigation experience in Louisiana state and appellate courts has included cases involving medical malpractice, breach of contract, and tort claims, as well as judicial commitments and custody and support disputes.
Maria was born in Honduras and has lived in New Orleans for the past thirty-five years, having graduated from the Academy of the Sacred Heart in 1987. She received a Bachelor of Arts degree in International Studies from Rhodes College, in Memphis, Tennessee. Maria is a graduate from the University of Cincinnati College of Law. She lives with her husband and three sons, Quentin, Christian and Nathaniel.
- The University of Cincinnati College of Law (Cincinnati, Ohio) Juris Doctor, 1994
- Rhodes College (Memphis, Tennessee) Bachelor of Arts, May 1991
- Schonekas, Evans, McGoey & McEachin, L.L.C. (New Orleans, Louisiana)
Litigation Associate, 2000 – Present
- Alston Law Firm, L.L.C. (New Orleans, Louisiana)
Associate, 1994 – 1999
BAR ADMISSIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- Member: New Orleans, Louisiana State, Federal and American Bar Associations