Email Patrick McGoey
Direct Line: 504-680-6054
Patrick is a founding member of the firm. His practice encompasses all aspects of commercial and complex litigation. Patrick primarily handles commercial contract disputes, in a broad range of areas, including healthcare, transportation, technology, insurance, trusts, and real estate. Patrick has extensive experience handling business tort claims, including unfair trade practices, civil RICO, breach of fiduciary duty, and business interruption. He handles officer and director liability claims, securities law disputes, and professional malpractice claims. He also has a significant construction law practice, representing contractors, subcontractors, and owners in all aspects of construction litigation.
Patrick has won numerous trials in state and federal courts throughout Louisiana at both the district and appellate levels. Presently, he is representing over one hundred franchisees in a federal mass action lawsuit against an international air express transportation company. Patrick has been awarded an “AV” Peer Review Rating by Martindale Hubbell, which is the highest possible rating for ethical standards and legal ability.
Patrick is from New Orleans. He graduated from the University of Virginia in 1993 and LSU Law Center in 1996. His wife, Robin, is a pathologist at the LSU Health Sciences Center. Patrick and Robin have three daughters, Isabelle, Olivia, and Ava.
- Paul M. Hebert Law Center at Louisiana State University (Baton Rouge, Louisiana) Juris Doctor 1996
- University of Virginia (Charlottesville, Virginia) Bachelor of Arts, 1993
- Jesuit High School (New Orleans, Louisiana) 1989
HONORS AND ACHIEVEMENTS:
- Louisiana Law Review, 1994-1996
- Order of the Coif
- Schonekas, Evans, McGoey & McEachin, L.L.C. (New Orleans, Louisiana)
Member, 1999 – Present
- Stone, Pigman, Walther, Wittmann & Hutchinson, L.L.P. (New Orleans, Louisiana)
Litigation Associate, 1996 – 1999
Involved in all aspects of a complex litigation practice.
BAR ADMISSIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- Member: New Orleans, Louisiana State, Federal and American Bar Associations
- Commercial Businesss Litigation
- Construction Law and Litigation
- Health Care Litigation
- Franchise Law
- Securities Litigation
- Professional Liability Litigation
- Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith Litigation
- Neal Auction Co., Inc. v. Lafayette Ins. Co., 13 So.3d 1135, (La. App. 4 Cir. 4/29/09) (obtained one of the largest reported jury awards in Louisiana against an insurance company for its bad faith handling of a Hurricane Katrina claim).
- Rathborne v. Rathborne, 999 So. 2d 816, (La. App. 4 Cir. 12/03/08)
- (successfully litigated through appeal a claim for breach of a divorce settlement agreement).
- Dumachest v. Allen, 957 So. 2d 374 (La. App. 3 Cir. 05/23/07) (obtained dismissal of lawsuit against trucking company for lack of personal jurisdiction).
- Berthelot v. Le Investment, L.L.C., 866 So. 2d 877 (La. App. 4th Cir.) (obtained a judgment for wrongful eviction for hotel owner on a bond for deed contract).
- Doe v. Grant, 839 So. 2d 408 (La. App. 4 Cir. 01/29/03) (business tort claims arising from a medical review panel).
- Rodrigue v. Rodrigue, 218 F.3d 432 (5th Cir. 2000) (litigation involving ownership of copyrights in Blue Dog art)