Email Ellie Schilling
Direct Line: 504-680-6058
Ellie joined the firm in the summer of 2010. Following law school, Ellie began her practice as a bankruptcy litigation associate at a large New York City law firm. There she was involved in a variety of complex bankruptcy matters representing debtors, creditors’ committees, investors, and fiduciaries, including in several of the largest asbestos personal injury-related bankruptcies ever filed. In 2006, Ellie moved to Eastern Europe where she was a legal and marketing consultant for a real estate development company. She was also a founding member of the board of directors of the Ronald McDonald House Charities from 2007 through 2009.
Since joining the firm, Ellie has continued her practice in complex commercial litigation with a variety of contractual and business disputes, including successfully representing car dealerships in disputes against automobile manufacturers. In addition, Ellie represents physicians and health clinics in suits against hospitals, and in disputes with the administrative agencies that regulate the healthcare profession.
Originally from Louisville, Kentucky, Ellie received her undergraduate degree from Colgate University in 1999. She is pleased to now be back in New Orleans, where she graduated, summa cum laude, from Tulane Law School in 2003. She lives in the Lower Garden District and enjoys reading, cooking, yoga, and traveling.
- Tulane Law School (New Orleans, Louisiana) Juris Doctor 2003, summa cum laude
- Colgate University (Hamilton, New York) B.A. English and German, 1999
- Tulane Law Review, Notes and Comments Editor
- Order of the Coif
- Named a “Rising Star” in 2013, 2014 and 2015 by Louisiana Super Lawyers Magazine
- Schonekas, Evans, McGoey & McEachin, L.L.C. (New Orleans, Louisiana)
Partner, 2017 – Present
Litigation Associate, 2010 – 2016
- Omnium Properties (Riga, Latvia)
Legal and Marketing Consultant, 2006-2009
- Kaye Scholer LLP (New York, New York)
Bankruptcy Associate, 2003-2006
BAR ADMISSIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- Admitted to practice in Louisiana and New York
- Member: Louisiana State Bar Association, Federal Bar Association, New York State Bar Association
- Demette v. Falcon Drilling Co.: The Sinking Ship of Fifth Circuit Precedent Construing the Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act and Maritime Law, 76 Tul. L. Rev. 1785 (2002)