Email Joelle Evans
Direct Line: 504-680-6053
Joelle is a founding member of the firm. Her practice areas include all types of commercial business litigation in both state and federal courts. Joelle has extensive experience handling commercial contract disputes, business tort claims, and professional liability litigation. She also handles employment law issues for her corporate clients, including the preparation of non-competition agreements and litigating employment related disputes.
Joelle was born and raised in New Orleans. She earned her Bachelor of General Studies degree in 1991 from Louisiana State University and her Juris Doctor in 1995 from Loyola University School of Law in New Orleans, where she graduated Summa Cum Laude. After graduation, Joelle clerked for Chief Justice Pascal F. Calogero, Jr. on the Louisiana Supreme Court.
Joelle and her husband, Byron, are the proud parents of triplet girls, Grace, Isabel and Caroline. When she is not working, Joelle enjoys spending time with her family. Joelle also enjoys exercising, reading, and relaxing at the beach.
- Loyola University School of Law (New Orleans, Louisiana) Juris Doctor 1995, Summa Cum Laude
- Louisiana State University (Baton Rouge, Louisiana) Bachelor of General Studies, 1991
HONORS AND ACHIEVEMENTS:
- Editor-in-Chief, Loyola Law Review 1994-1995
- Loyola Law Review, 1993 – 1995
- Dean’s Award
- Corpus Juris Secundum Award for Excellence in Torts
- Law Excellence Awards: Civil Law of Persons and Sales and Leases
- Schonekas, Evans, McGoey & McEachin, L.L.C. (New Orleans, Louisiana)
Member, 1999 – Present
- Stone, Pigman, Walther, Wittmann & Hutchinson, L.L.P. (New Orleans, Louisiana)
Litigation Associate, 1996 – 1999 Involved in all aspects of a complex litigation practice.
- Louisiana Supreme Court (New Orleans, Louisiana)
Law Clerk to Chief Justice Pascal F. Calogero, Jr., 1995 – 1996
Drafted opinions and dissents on all aspects of state law. Researched and prepared memoranda on issues before the court.
BAR ADMISSIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- Member: New Orleans, Louisiana State, Federal and American Bar Associations